[sumo] Dohyo-iri

Achim Pawelczyk sumo at achimp.de
Fri Jun 1 05:52:43 EDT 2007

Doreen Simmons schrieb:
> Asahifuji -- Ajigawa oyakata.
>
>> Thanks for this nice picture.
>>
>> Does anyone know who has been teaching him?
>>
>> Jejima
>

> The seriagari doesn't look too good -- it's extremely difficult to rise
> slowly and smoothly. Mienoumi had a lot of trouble with coming up too
> fast. But the yokozuna who notoriously took the longest while to learn
> the whole dohyo-iri was Kitanoumi.  Anbyway, it must have just happened
> at Meiji Jingu -- I'll look forward to seeing Hakuho's  first dohyo-iri
> on the Kogkugikan dohyo tomorrow at Kyokushuzan's retirement.

I think I saw Kyokushuzan also among the rikishi crowd from his ichimon
preparing the strings of the tsuna for Hakuho.
The one to put on for the dohyo-iri (NHK news at noon with Tsuna-uchi
1-2-3: Hi-Fu-Mi).
I wonder if a retired rikishi usually takes part in that.
And I somewhat missed the exact present intermediate status of
Kyokushuzan. He won't stay in the kyokai, so he's no oyakata - but is he
already out of the kyokai ?
Apparently not as he was allowed to do tsuna-uchi help.

--
Akinomaki