[sumo] [spoiler] Top ten sumo thoughts going into day 13
philnorm at webtv.net
Thu Jul 19 21:19:46 EDT 2007
I enjoy reading your kind of posts. I pretty much have to confine my participation to reading and not replying. I don't get to see the bouts until the end of each basho.
I am happy for Kotomitsuki. I hope he finishes off the last few days with wins.
IMHO I don't think he will take the yusho,but I wouldn't be disappointed if he did.
From: Scott Kahn
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 2:13 PM
To: Sumo Mailing List
Subject: [sumo] [spoiler] Top ten sumo thoughts going into day 13
My top ten thoughts on day 12 of the current basho, in case anyone still
reads my posts ; )
1. Kotomitsuki (11-1) yusho run and apparent clinching promotion to ozeki
2. Asashoryu (11-1) rebound, 11 bout winning streak, and yusho run
3. Hakuho (11-1) yusho run as shin-yokozuna
4. Persistence of Kaio (8-4) and Chiyotaikai (7-5) after both had
pretty much been written off into retirement, and outlasting Tochiazuma
5. Outstanding performances of Homasho (9-4), Kaiho (9-4), and
Toyohibiki (8-5) who only has one losing career tournament
6. Aminishiki (7-5) defeat of Asashoryu and chance to improve on his
highest career banzuke ranking
7. Withdrawal of Baruto and career threatening injury
8. Rejuvenation of Iwakiyama (10-2) in Juryo, and punishment of
Kyokutenho (11-1) has make him odds-on to capture Juryo yusho
9. Ouch!- Wakanosato (3-9), Futenho (3-9), Ama (4-8) at Sekiwake, and
Kotoshogiku (4-8) at M1
10. Daughter of Sukubidubidu is saddened that her adopted rikishi,
Gagamaru (2-4), suffered make-koshi after blazing to a 2-0 start, and
will therefore be demoted. He will have to improve on his sumo if he is
hopeful to break into the upper Makushita rankings.
Any thoughts on the top ten individual matches so far this basho? Eg.
Wakanosato vs. Kotooshu; Kaio vs. Hakuho; Kotomitsuki vs. Hakuho
Sumo mailing list
Sumo at webtrek.com
More information about the Sumo