[sumo] Dejima's wins ...

Jezz jejima at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 02:48:26 EST 2007

Correct, no KK, no special prize....

Well, almost correct...

His win against the Yokozuna was as a Maegashira rikishi, which means
he was awarded a 'kinboshi' (or 'gold star').  This 'kinboshi' will be
added to his career's score card, and will be worth an extra amount of
cash (I don't know the up-to-date numbers, but maybe someone else will
us in) for all future bashos that he competes in.  Over time, this can
end up being a tidy sum :)

Jejima