[sumo] Trying to blog - Yokozuna's 20th Yusho Party

Barbara Ann baklein at attglobal.net
Sun Apr 29 07:55:20 EDT 2007

I hope you all will bear with me. If you dislike me and my posts, as I know
some of you do, just delete right here without sending me nasty missives,
thank you very much.

What I am trying to do is set up a blog. I started one a couple of years
ago, but just never had the time or inclination to continue since I was 1)
working for pay, and 2) editing SFM, both of which I heartily enjoyed, of
course, but which, together, took up an enormous part of my time. Well, I
want to start again, perhaps in preparation for a real publication (read
minor issuance not for profit or money "book") and I have continued with my
old site, http://sumobarbara.blogspot.com <http://sumobarbara.blogspot.com/>
, but I don't like the layout options. It's difficult to organize and to
edit, and the photo hosting is really nil. Next, I took space on
http://sumobaba.vox.com <http://sumobaba.vox.com/>  . It's very good, very
easy and, if you take a look, there are features like enlarging photos that
I can't do on blogspot. For now, blogspot just has links to vox for the
enlargements. Vox also hosts more photos than just the ones that accompany
my text. This sounds like a no-brainer, with vox winning hands down, except
for this: if anyone wants to post a comment on vox, he/she has to register.
I did that for a while before I did my blog on vox (registered so that I
could comment on someone else's blog) and I never was a spam victim, which
was a great fear. Vox really does respect one's privacy.  The thing is that
it's a pain in the (ahem) neck for many to register. I don't know if there
is a comment facility on blogspot because I am always recognized when I go
to my site there, but as I said, I don't think the layout is
reader-friendly..

ANYWAY, any comments or suggestions will be most welcomed and appreciated
because I do want to share with anyone who is interested in mainly my sumo
(real life) stories, although there will be times when I write about other
aspects of life - like my passion for the New York Yankees (no rude remarks
at their performance to date, please - I've been shouting enough epithets at
the TV myself since April 2.)

So, that's my story for now. Let me know what you think.

Thanks so much,

Barbara

  <http://xpostmail.com/b969141ad2f486e42554efc830d68e8eworker.jpg>