[sumo] ATTENTION! Important list administration announcement

Joe Kuroda joe_kuroda at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 7 21:51:41 EDT 2007

I've nothing against Yahoogroups per se but I do care
about our archive records.

It's really great to go back to a time as what we know
now, we will forget very soon.

It's great to go back again what YDC was saying about
Akebono and Takanohana now compared to what they are
saying about Asashoryu now, for instance.

Yahoo could wipe away any Yahogroups in any given
instant without any recourse after all it's theirs and
we really do not have any control over them.

--- Clay Holden <cholden at kappa-joe.com> wrote:

> On 4/7/07 2:47 AM, "Joe Petrow"
> <joepetrow at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Could somebody please remind me what the arguments
> are against moving
> > this ML to something like yahoogroups, so that
> nobody has to pay any
> > money?
>
> Other than Yahoo claiming intellectual property
> rights over anything posted
> using their service, they have also in my experience
> deleted newsgroups
> along with entire archive of posts (in one case
> covering several years of
> now unrecoverable oral history, on the basis of a
> single specious and
> unsubstantiated complaint), with no recourse.

.....Jonosuke
  <  Heart  Technique  Physique      &#24515;&#12288;&#25216;&#12288;&#20307;&#12288;>