[sumo] Tochiazuma training now

Barbara Ann Klein baklein at attglobal.net
Sun Apr 1 21:12:35 EDT 2007

First, I am deeply appreciative, moved and humbled by the recent posts,
public and private  - and just a bit embarrassed as well. Thank you to all.

As for Tochi - from the Japan Times:

Monday, April 2, 2007

Tochiazuma resumes training

ISE, Mie Pref. (Kyodo) Ozeki Tochiazuma, who withdrew from the Spring Sumo
Tournament last month due to high blood pressure and headaches, took part in
a regional training tour by sumo wrestlers and denied retirement on Sunday.

Tochiazuma said he will not decide whether to end his career until after the
summer tournament in May, about a week after the injury-prone 30-year-old
veteran indicated possible retirement in the immediate future.

"I would not decide on it right now," Tochiazuma said as the training tour
started at the Ise Shrine in Mie Prefecture, where he spoke to the press
before starting light workouts on Monday. He flatly denied that he would
quit before the Summer Grand Sumo Tournament in Tokyo, which starts May 13.