[sumo] Talk about excuses

Lynn Matsuoka artist at aloha.net
Tue Sep 26 08:47:53 EDT 2006

Chiyonofuji fans might remember when he threw  Onokuni with an overarm
throw, to win the Yusho on the 14th day of the basho, years ago. He
dislocated his shoulder  throwing the much larger man, and was forced to sit
out the last day.
If anyone want the exact details( date, etc) let me know.

I have seen Ahashoryu as brilliant from the first moment he stepped up to
the dohyo, I also remember being at some sumo a parties with hundreds, nay,
thousands of people, yet no one would approach him to talk to him. Were they
afraid or  did they dislike him? It is so easy to hate the achiever- this is
one of their burdens. He is great, no matter what anyone thinks, and he has
saved sumo, in my opinion.

Lynn Matsuoka
The Sumo artist
www.traditions,jp