[sumo] TV Japan and Sumo

Clay Holden cholden at kappa-joe.com
Wed Mar 29 19:16:27 EST 2006

On 3/29/06 4:03 PM, "Kuramarujo" <klemmerj at webtrek.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 20:30 -0500, Joe Kuroda wrote:
>
>> It sure was well worth asking for it!
>> Thanks to all the people who wrote in and asking for
>> more sumo, TV Japan listened.
>
> I just wish I could get TV Japan.  Time to start yelling at frelling
> Comcast.

We have both. Comcast for the basic cable stuff, and a small Dish satellite
receiver on the roof for TV Japan. We pay a total of $30 per month for TV
Japan, it would be $25 if we got the rest of our channels from them. The
only reason we keep the cable service is for AZN and a few local channels we
can't get by satellite (like KTSF in San Francisco, which does a big block
of Japanese programming on Saturday evenings).

It might be worth your time to consider dumping Comcast and switching over
to Dish Network. You would need to get one of the dual satellite dish setups
though, as the satellite for TV Japan is different from the one used for
your standard fare.

Not shilling for Dish, just something to consider.

Clay