[sumo] Ama hair pulled by Asashoryu on Day 2? (was re:...)

Tetsuonoumi wcb at BostonDynamics.com
Tue Mar 14 09:01:52 EST 2006

Barbara, it's unclear in the banzuke.com video to me.  I see what you
are talking about, but I can't tell if it Asashoryu is pulling on the
hair or the back of the neck.  In addition, Ama is twisting is head
around to try to see Asashoryu, so that accounts for at least part of
the head snapping back.  Asashoryu really had Ama in a bad position
at that point, you say it contributes to Ama being unable to regain
his footing, but to me Ama is in big trouble because he is facing the
wrong way.

I don't know how flagrant it has to be.  In soccer, if your hand
touches the ball inadvertently, there is often no call, and in my
mind that is the right call.  I think it is the same situation here.

         -Tetsuonoumi