[sumo] Haru Training Camp Report - Shikoroyama Beya

Joe Kuroda joe_kuroda at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 12:43:03 EST 2006

Shikoroyama Beya rikishis were busy building a new 4.5
meter diameter dohyo inside an indoor baseball
facility in Yamoto Takada City, Nara Prefecture on
February 25 as they launched a new Osaka Basho
training camp this year. The training camp was
provided by the president of Yamato Gas, Takao Nakai,
who has a 20 year friendship with Shikoroyama oyakata
(former sekiwake Terao).

The heya founded by the oyakata two years ago now has
17 members including new recruits, headed by Juryo
West 5 Homasho. After the dohyo matsuri ceremony on
February 27, the rikishis will begin a full training
regimen to prepare for the Haru Basho starting on
March 12. "I feel really motivated seeing the new
dohyo. I want to do my best to get the kachikoshi,"
one rikishi said.

.....Jonosuke
  <  Heart  Technique  Physique      &#24515;&#12288;&#25216;&#12288;&#20307;&#12288;>