[sumo] [spoiler] Haru 2006 Sanyaku

Tetsuonoumi wcb at BostonDynamics.com
Mon Feb 27 10:22:49 EST 2006

This is of course totally subjective, but this looks to me like the
most powerful sanyaku lineup we've seen in a long while.  Should be a
great basho!  Every rikishi looks capable of beating Asashoryu and
most even have yusho chances.  With this much firepower, there will
be some very good rikishi with losing records in March.

A hot Tochiazuma, a hot Kotooshu, and the
I-wrestle-best-when-I'm-kabodan Chiyotaikai are as dangerous an ozeki
trio in quite a while.  Hakuho has been looking like ozeki material
lately.  Kotomitsuki is dangerous although sometimes surprisingly
weak and inconsistent. Roho is finally getting the wins everyone
thought he would a year ago, he's a rising star.

And a special mention here for Miyabiyama, who I think has looked
much better on the dohyo the last few bashos.  But can he ever live
up to the expectations that greeted him upon exiting university and
entering ozumo?  I hope so, he has a tough road, but I think has
taken all the adversity with a lot of class.  He just needs to
continue to work on consistency, balance, and not beating himself.

Kaio is the only one I project as a non-factor, poor guy.

         -Tetsuonoumi