[sumo] [spoiler]Tamaasuka

Moti sumo at dichne.com
Sat Dec 17 04:07:29 EST 2005

As he unfortunately has time on his hands because of his injury (day 4,
left leg), Maegashira 15 Tamaasuka decided to undergo eyesight
corrective surgery. it appears he wasn't seeing things eye to eye with
others. He underwent the 30 minute operation on his eyes. His eyesight
was 0- 0.6 in both eyes, and now he is expected to better it to 1.2-1.5
in two weeks to a month. (If anyone knows what these numbers mean,
please enlighten us.) "I can see much better now. I haven't seen this
well since grade school..", he marvelled. "The Sekitori was very calm
and composed during the surgery", praised Doctor Nakamura. He wil be
fully recovered in about three months. "No problem with keiko or Sumo",
added the Doctor.
Tamaasuka will be found at the bottom half of Juryo for the coming Hatsu
basho. "I am definitely entering Hatsu. If I don't, I'll be in Makushita
for Haru, and no way that's going to happen..", said Tamaasuka. His
recovery is going well, and he already has no wooden plank support
thingy on his left foot.

Pic:
http://chuspo.chunichi.co.jp/00/sumo/20051210/t6sumo.jpg

--