JOSEPH J. KLEMMER
4979 Karen Rd. | Dale City, VA 22193
V: (703) 869-2370 | F: (571) 285-0258 |
- Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris, MS Windows, OS X, MacOS
- Development Toolkits: DirectX 9, Torque Engine, NATA eBook Compiler
- Applications: Visual Studio 2008, MS Office 2007, Apache, MySQL, SQLite
- Held a Top Secret (DoD) Clearance
- Strong knowledge of UNIX System Administration
- Have written articles and reviews for Linux Journal, Federal Computer Week
and Linux Weekly News. See
- Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Level-1 Linux Certification
- Brainbench Red Hat Linux SysAdmin Certification
- Understanding and knowledge of Networking Architectures and Topologies
01/05 - 02/05 CELERITY IT Mechanicsburg, PA
10/99 - 11/04 CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICE US ARMY Ft. Belvoir, VA
- Developed two training courses; "Intro to Linux" and "Advanced Intro to
Linux" to be given to both Management and Developers at Boscov's (a large
chain of department stores).
- Performed three weeks of training on said courses at the HQ of Boscov's
in Reading PA.
- Adapted the use of a Linux Live CD (Adios
using as a hands-on training tool.
Senior System Engineer
01/96 - 12/02 WEBTREK L.L.C. Alexandria, VA
- Assisted in the management of the Army's overall online presence, specifically
the Army Knowledge Online (AKO) portal, by far the largest global
Intranet with over 1.7 million users world wide.
- Developed utilities and applications in php, perl & other languages for
in-house, site-wide use by multiple departments.
- Administered various UNIX systems including Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux
on both the classified and unclassified networks.
- Monitored, managed and trouble-shot network infrastructure for all of the CTO.
- Performed extensive research activities to find new technologies and new
business solutions to improve the numerous systems supported by the CTO.
- Served as a security analysts at both the network and systems level working
with both Firewall and Intrusion Detection System (IDS) technologies.
10/94 - 02/99 US ARMY PUBLISHING AGENCY Alexandria, VA
- Extensive knowledge of Linux and the Open Source world.
- Did contract work for the Executive Office of the President.
- Performed System Administration and management for multiple UNIX/Linux
- Develop custom applications for clients using COBOL, php, perl, etc.
- Develop Palm OS applications.
- Sell, maintain and administer GNAT Box firewall systems.
- Administer HTTP servers Apache & WN.
- Develop CGI programs in perl, php, and various other languages as needed.
- Build, maintain and develop applications using MySQL.
- Meet with clients to work out project specifications.
Computer Specialist (Programmer)
- Administer 4 Linux servers and 1 AIX server.
- Develop CGI applications using perl, php, shell, C/C++ and various other
- Built and maintain applications using MySQL.
- Developed programs to interface the web and email to the IBM mainframe
COBOL legacy systems.
- Develop as-needed COBOL programs on the mainframe to interface the data
from the web/email into the IBM mainframe COBOL legacy systems.
- Research new technologies for the purpose of better conducting business
processes for the organization.
- Member International Game Developers Association (IDGA), 10-present
- Member Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), 08-present
- Member US Internet Industry Association (USIIA), 99-present
- Member Association of Online Professionals (AOP), 94-99
- Member Capitol Area System Administrators (CASA), 95-99
Served as President in 1998
OLDER WORK EXPERIENCE
- 10/08 - Present Westwood College Online, Game Software Development
- 01/82 - 05/82 University of Maryland, Munich Germany, Undergraduate
- 07/81 - 12/81 Waynsberg College, Waynsberg PA, Undergraduate
- 07/80 - 12/80 University of Maryland, Munich Germany, Undergraduate
11/88 - 10/94 US ARMY PERSINSCOM Alexandria, VA
Computer Specialist (Programmer)
10/87 - 06/88 US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS Frankfurt, Germany
10/82 - 07/85 DATA PROCESSING INSTILLATION (DPI) Nurnberg, Germany
**References available on request